We all have our own favorites. And by now we all know the cars we love to hate too. Edmunds.com has put together a list you'll want to examine... They've identified some automotive mishaps some of which may be long forgotten, but all of which clearly belong here, such as the pile of junk that was the Chevy Vega for instance. And believe it or not, the 1971 Vega ranked just fifth in the 10 worst cars of all time.
Some of the greatest mistakes might be conspicuous by their absence. I'm thinking of the AMC Pacer, Gremlin and Matador. Can you believe they all escaped Edmund's list?
Here we go with Edmund's 10 worst of all time listed in reverse order:
10. 1979 Olds Cutlass Supreme Diesel: Edmunds says as good as Olds Cutlass was, it never refined its diesel engine which "hit 90 horsepower before shattering into shrapnel."
9.1957 Trabant: This 2-cylinder, 2-stroke engine vehicle from East Germany was supposed to compete with the VW Beetle. It didn't.
8. 1982 Cadillac Cimarron: Edmunds calls it "a symbol of what was seriously worng with GM in the '80s."
7. 1958 Edsel Corsair: (What's a list of the all-time worst vehicles without an Edsel?)
6. 2003 Saturn Ion: A mistake from the get-go.
5. 1971 Chevy Vega: They caught fire. They rusted through the floor. Edmunds says "It's the car that invited Americans to buy Toyotas and Hondas."
4. 1987 Yugo: It was the punchline for dozens of Johnny Carson jokes and little else.
3. 1955 BMW Isetta: BMW put into motion what the Flintstones knew belonged only in a cartoon. (see photo.)
2. 1974 Ford Mustang: Were they that bad?
1. 2001 Pontiac Aztek: After this nightmare, GM could not save Pontiac. They had to pull the plug.
Take a look and let us know if there's any that should have made the list!
10 Worst Cars of All Time